A blink doorbell is a phenomenal product that allows you to enhance your home security. This video doorbell will allow you to see who is at the door merely by checking your device.
To make the most of your Blink doorbell, you should connect it to an Alexa account. Thankfully, this step-by-step guide will lead you through the entire process, making it easier than ever before to connect a Blink doorbell to Alexa.
If you want to establish this connection, all you have to do is:
- Ensure that you have the Blink app downloaded onto your device. You will also need a suitable Alexa device, including Amazon Echo.
- Open this app and tap on “Settings”. This will be represented by a gear icon, which is found on the right-hand side of the screen.
- Find “Account and Privacy”, which will be presented by a profile icon. Press on this icon.
- Next, locate the option for “Link to Alexa”. Tap on this option.
- Then press “Open Alexa App”.
- You will now need to press “Enable To Use”. Without this, your device will not have permission to connect your Blink doorbell with Alexa.
- Provide the password and email address for your Blink account. Ensure that this information has been correctly entered. Once you’ve provided this information, press “Continue”.
- To protect your account, a verification code will be sent to the phone number associated with the Blink account. Take note of this number and enter it on the app. Next, press “Verify Code”. If 2 minutes have passed and your phone has not received a verification code, press “Resend Code”. If this still does not work, you may need to double-check the phone number that you have used to set up an account with Blink. You may have provided a different phone number, thus causing this confusion.
- Once the verification has been accepted, press “Close”.
- Now, your Alexa device will begin interacting with the Blink doorbell. This should occur automatically. If this does not work successfully, you may need to manually connect Alexa to the doorbell.
- After a connection between these two devices has been established, you will be requested to give a voice code. This 4-digit code will help ensure that your Alexa device is better protected. The code can be used to disarm the Blink doorbell.
- You can now begin to use your doorbell using the Alexa voice command!
As mentioned, you will need to download the Blink app onto your mobile device before you can proceed with these instructions. Specifically, you will need the latest version of the Blink app, as well as the Alexa app, installed onto your device.
Luckily, it can be super straightforward to download the Blink app. All you have to do is:
- Search for the blink app on your device. The exact instructions for this app will differ depending on what device you have. If you are using an Android phone, you will need to find it through the Google Play Store. Meanwhile, if you have an iOS device, you will need to locate the app on the Apple Play Store.
- Press “Install”. Once you’ve done this, your device will automatically install the Blink app. This can take a few minutes.
- After the app has been installed, you must sign in. To do this, simply provide the password and email address pertaining to your Blink account. If you don’t already have an account, simply register.
Blink supports a range of different fantastic Alexa features, such as:
Through your device, you can see a live feed of your doorbell. As a result, you can see who is attempting to gain access to your home. Simply by telling your Alexa to show the camera, you will be able to get this camera view.
Arming And Disarming
By giving your Alexa a code, you can arm or disarm the device. You will also need to provide the verification code if you wish to do this.
This device utilizes two-way audio, meaning that you can have a conversation with the person who has pressed the doorbell. Remember to tell your Alexa to stop once you have concluded the conversation.
By changing your settings, you can get your Blink doorbell to announce whenever it has detected motion. Make sure that “Motion Announcements” has been turned on if you wish to utilize this feature. This feature is fantastic for making your home feel more secure.
If you want to be notified whenever anyone presses your doorbell, you can thanks to the Alexa device. Remember to turn on the notifications for Doorbell Press.
Even when you aren’t at home, you will receive a notification whenever anyone uses your doorbell. You can also customize the noise that the device makes.
Alexa also gives Blink doorbell users the ability to control their lighting. Namely, you can control your floodlights through this virtual assistant. This is part of Alexa Routines.
You might be wondering what the purpose of this activity is. The truth is that connecting your Blink doorbell to Alexa can provide an assortment of advantages, such as:
- You can view live activity from the perspective of your doorbell.
- You can control the doorbell using voice commands.
- The security of your home will be improved.
- Alexa also allows you to communicate with visitors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the Blink app is free to install.
You may not be receiving these notifications because you have not given the device permission.
Connecting your Blink doorbell to an Alexa device is an incredible idea if you wish to enhance the security of your home. These apps work well together. Thanks to this connection, you can easily check who is at the door, allowing you to feel more secure at home.